Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day.........



I hope that you have had a wonderful Mother's Day!!!
Lee took me to the big antique show in Fishersville for Mother's Day...
the day started with breakfast at Mickey D's and a very pleasant drive over
Afton Mountain.  The dealers were light, but I figured with this being
Mother's Day it would be. But what was there was awesome....and the above
pictures is what he bought me for Mom's Day!!
This is from Cobb's Plantation in VA....the Lee's Estate
and is estimated to have been built in the late 1700's to very early 1800's,
possibly by the slaves on the plantation.
Yep, it was love at first sight for me. I feel very honored to be the keeper
of this piece for a while.

Sooo, now I am off to the home shop to get some stuff inventoried in
and maybe do some work...but after all the walking we did today I am
tired!!
Oh yeah...he took me to dinner also...Gavin's in Waynesboro...
EXCELLENT!  We have been there before and really liked it so
that is where we chose to eat dinner tonight.
Well worth the trip to go there....great steaks and food bar!

My friends...thank you for your visit to Millstone and please come back.
Have a blessed evening,
Robin

1 comment:

  1. I can see why it was love at first site! Wow, what an awesome piece. Bet you're moving furniture around like crazy to find just the right spot! Have fun, Dawn

    ReplyDelete