Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Glass Butter Mold!?

Today I have decide to show you a picture of a find from the other week...a glass butter mold.I have never seen one before. I know it's not new as there are a few little chips and the handle is much darker and worn looking then in the picture.
It has a cow design all around it and the press in the middle has one as well.
Antique or repo, I thought this was pretty neat. Has anyone out there seen one or know anything about them?
Hubby got me up this morning...we need to put those shelves up in the basement...mind you the time is 6:30 a.m....Good grief...at least let me have my FIRST cuppa coffee. Men can get so bent outa shape over the littlest of things. O.K. I must admit, the home shop is more than a little mess...but what do you expect when you are moving from one shop into another? It ALL has to come here first...then it goes to either Bedford or the shop at Notforgotten Farm. I am only one person..of which I have to remind him of that DAILY!!! Thank goodness he left for work...I prolly woulda killed him!
Whew! I feel better already. Thanks for listening.
Lori and I have our opening this Saturday...sweets and a cool beverage await your arrival.
If you are in the Amherst/Nelson County area, please visit, we would love to have you.
Heck, even if you are not from this area we would still love to have ya!!
Sooo, I better sign off here, and get busy doin' "things".
Blessings,
Robin

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have never seen a glass butter mold before, I really like that amber glass. A few weeks ago I found a table much like the one in your last post at a garage sale here. It's not antique but I'm looking forward to adding my own primitive mark to it. I love what you and Lori have done to the shop; I look forward to visiting sometime if I can ever make it out of NC.
    Stay cool.
    Blessings,
    Sallie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, I have seen a glass mold before, but they are rare, and never seen a amber glass one! A most excellent score! OLM

    ReplyDelete