Monday, September 5, 2011

The Hillsville Experience...

Mornin' folks!!!
Last we talked I was headed to Hillsville, VA for the
annual Labor Day 4 day GIANT flea market....
O-M-G...
What a blast!!!  I will be a regular there from now on.
There are roughly 5 huge fields and wall to wall vendors of
EVERYTHING!


This is the van all loaded for home...
I actually shopped the wheels of one of those metal shopping
carts and had to buy another.


This is the grain bin that I found and I LOVE it!
But I did not buy anything for the homeplace...it will go
to a show. 

                                          This is the coolest cabinet...it is
a beautiful Robin's Egg Blue
Kinda on the Folk Art side...
but look at the drawers...they are made from old
cheese boxes!!!



And the last pic is of the majority of
great items we found. What you can't see are the old
carriers, boxes, cutters and some misc. stuff that we still
need to go through.


Yep, the mister and I had a blast...
we literally
SHOPPED UNTIL WE DROPPED!

The SHOP will be CLOSED this THURSDAY!
and this is the weekend that the shows will start for us
please join us at:

A Harvest Gathering
5960 Valley Pike..Miller House Furnishings
Stephens City, VA

Have a great day!!
until later...
Robin



7 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time!! Where are Hillsville and Stephens City?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a haulful and then some!! Fun, fun, stuff - that grain bin is awesome....and I think I'm in love with that big round bowl on top.....Yummy!!! Glad you have fun...hope you're getting those shopping legs rested up!! Happy holiday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been there a couple of times in the past. It will literally walk you to death to shop, but you can find things there you never would anywhere else. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, WOW!!! Love all the goodies, those child's shoes to die for!!!! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks like so much fun! Your new goodies are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to shop like that. Especially with the mister. You got a ton of great things. I am happy for you. -Steph-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! What a haul! Looks like you two had a ball - sure wish I lived closer. That grain bin is a beautiful piece. Can't wait to hear about your Miller House show. I know you'll do fantastic! Have fun, Dawn

    ReplyDelete