Thursday, April 22, 2010

Findings

What fun we (Lori..Not Forgotten Farm and I) had!! It is so much fun to go exploring with a friend. You just never know what you will find. The haul above has old feed sacks and a clothespin bag, the coverlet in the hoop is really cool and even the repo spoon holder is nice. And the big ole hunk of lye soap looks good sitting on the kitchen sink. On top of the enamel ware is an old corn husker, I just love the look of the old wood and worn leather, and yes I will use it...someday!! The two small baby doll pillows will be turned into pin cushions atop a box, and the old feed sacks will probably be thrown into a dough bowl at the shop, I can't bring myself to cut them up, I will let the new owner of them do that.
It was a great day, the sun even came out and we ran into no rain..YEAH! Today I am headed to the shop, gotta get painting some prairie boards, finish some needle punch and start working on door boards...I am tired before I even get started, but what fun stuff to work on! I will show you my needlepunch tomorrow...smalls with an Americana theme.
To my friends...have a Blessed day.
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you two had a great day. My "exploring/sewing buddy" moved to Tennessee and I miss those days so darn much. By the way, I haven't forgotten our conversation, I've just been so busy for the last few days. I'm working on a list for you and trying to get some pictures ready. Talk to you soon and have a great day at the shop, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you find all these goodies at a thrift store? Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind comments. Gayle, I found this stuff at one of the antique stores we went to and also Olde Mill Primitives.

    ReplyDelete