Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Something To Me.....

....my gift to me...
I love old wood and put Blue Cobalt with it and I am in heaven!!!!
AND include an old zinc top....
SOLD
  Yeh, I know the roll top is gone, but the cubbies are great!

It WAS bought as a flip.....
NOT!!!
Decided it would look really good in the den for now, maybe later I
will take it to the shop!?

Have you had a good weekend so far?  Been a little on the
warm side here, but at least the humidity has gone for a day or so.
I just wish I could remember to water my plants!!

Ohhhh!!  Last night I was helping Lee weed the flower beds...yes I do weed!! lol
Anyway...like I was saying...weeding....and we were pulling the sage and talking
and all of a sudden they were there....BEES!!!!  Yellow jackets...
AND I think we pissed 'em off just a wee bit!!!
They got him....I ran..he cussed...and the bees won!  still a bit of sage to pull
but we have to find their nest first and kill them.

Soooo, that's my weekend so far...hope yours is going o.k.
Thank you kindly for stopping by Millstone...
have a blessed day.

Robin

5 comments:

  1. Your gift to yourself ,well can I tell you that you have wonderful taste!You can choose a gift for me anytime !Love it .Sorry about hubby and the bees but the story brought a bit of a chuckle. It is not funny but the image it brought to mind ,well just a bit humorous.Have a good night,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece, nice find.
    We have ground bees and you don't know they are there until you stumble into their burrow and they stick to you like glue.
    I do locker hooking too, still have some backing to make up some more.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin ... Beautiful baker's cabinet! Sorry to hear about the bee attack. I was just reading something the other day about "if you don't bother them, they won't bother you." I was weeding yesterday & they were buzzing around the lavender plant & I kept ignoring them. They would buzz around me from time to time but no attacks, thank goodness! I would raise bees if I could but my husband puts his foot down on that one. He is afraid of bees! Well, I don't know if "afraid" is the word but if he sees one he gets out of the way real quick : ) Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! We were up at the Little House once and they attacked Dick too. He came running like a crazy person with bees in tow. Love the cupboard, yup I think it found a great home. Off to visit Gannon today, but I'll give you a call this coming week. Got some ideas I want to run past you! Have a restful Sunday, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to keep it too, Robin. Love the cobalt in it! I'm allegic to bees and boy would I have run too.
    Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete