Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Burlap Pocket

Good morning to you. Hope that all is well. Here is the star burlap pocket,complete with sunflowers and a crow. Excuse the mess around it, I have furniture piled
up everywhere!! Not to mention that this is my husbands side of the basement, my side actually looks worse!! I cleaned out part of the "cook room" at the shop and brought all of it to the home shop...now where to put it. I have wax and soap molds everywhere!! Not to mention all the oils, stencils and paint. Will I EVER be organized...probably not...just want to be able to move around a little...that's not to much to wish for. I think I will make that my winter project, get the home shop back in shape...I need a bigger basement!!! Or less fabric, wool. paint, and the list goes on and on. O.K., O.K. I admit, I am a hoarder when it comes to "stuff" I might use (one day). I collect it and store it...mind you I can never remember where I stored it at, but I KNOW it must be in here somewhere. I want to start a rug hook, but for the life of me I can't find my frame, I know I have one, but where in the **** is it? I guess something has been placed on top of it and I am just not seeing it!!LOL Today I shall find it, or find something else that I have been looking for!! I hope I am not in this "boat" by myself. Do you have a problem keeping your creative space nice and neat. I look at magazines of other people's "space" and there's is sooo organized, how in the world do they do that? I wish they could teach me their trick! But I guess this is one of those things I shall have to figure out for myself. Maybe I will post about my personal journey of trying to get it all together...day by day. Today being day 1...The Quest to Find My Frame, the story will continue tomorrow.
Have a great day.
Blessings from Me to You,
Robin

5 comments:

  1. I love the burlap pocket! And you know, people who have perfect "looking" craft rooms only have it that way for the photoshoots. Your's is more the norm. I cannot find my sewing machine to save my life in my basement and it hasn't been that long since I used it - life just keeps piling up. So keep creatin' it seems to work for you - you do great work! SUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    I am not an organized crafter either. I have general order, but not detailed order! That makes complete sense to only me I'm sure. LOL. Basketweaving is not a neat hobby. I have reed all over my basement workroom, but then again I figure that mess is making me $$$. I do not like to get rid of anything either - if I do I find that the very next day I need whatever it was that I got rid of! ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your burlap star pocket!
    Haven't talked to you in too lonmg...I'll call tonight...
    btw ~ Lou & I think your mystery flower might be a Hollyhock...Mom said maybe a "century plant" ?? (never heard of that one, but hey.....)

    LOVE YA MISS YA!
    me ( and Lou!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, me, too. But I give you more credit because you're more creative - you have an excuse - mine is just laziness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling pocket. I'm forever trying to organizine or find something too. Good luck in finding your frame...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete