Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Ramblings

A very big Thank you to everyone for their concern about Sassy. She seems to be doing fine and has had no more seizures. I am going with Lori to the Va. Rug Fest tomorrow and very excited about going. I have never been and I know that there will be some amazing artisans there. I am a "newbie" at rug hooking, although I really enjoy hooking. For me though, needle punch is so much faster. Maybe one day I will learn how to be a "quick hooker".


With all of the talk about spring finally being here I thought I would share this WONDERFUL recipe with you folks. This is very good and good for you. The sauce is great to dip french bread into.

Vegetable Medley Salad


1 can French Style Green Beans


1 can small peas


1 can shoe peg corn


1 jar pimentos


1 cup EACH diced green pepper, red pepper


celery, onion




Drain liquid from can vegies and mix all of the above together




Boil 3/4 cup cider vinegar


1T water


1/2 cup oil


1/2-3/4 cup sugar


1t. salt and pepper




Pour over vegies and chill-best when chilled overnight or for 24 hours.




I got this recipe many years ago from my stepmother. Pair this with some


fresh salmon or even hamburgers. You can serve it with toasted


french bread and fresh fruit and have a meal. Enjoy!




Hiram went to his new home yesterday..Thank You, it was a pleasure to make him for you and I am so glad that you liked him. We just finished a torrential down pour here and I can see the clouds breaking up and the birds are now singing at the top of their little lungs...it's going to be a beautiful day! Enjoy your day and will post on Sunday with some pictures of the rug fest.


Blessings,


Robin


No comments:

Post a Comment