Sunday, May 2, 2010

Be Still My Heart

Good Sunday Evening to you! Today was an amazing day!! I got to go and visit the oldest house in Lynchburg(about 300 yeras old) built by John Lynch. A friend of mine lives in it. I was in heaven. For those that do not know me, I LOVE OLD. Just to touch a piece of history that old was amazing, the original doors, window, moldings, and stairs. Just to think about walking up the same stairs that the founder of Lynchburg did was truly amazing. It still had some of the original milk paint on walls! Oh my heart was a poundin'. I know your are wondering about the pile of stuff in the picture. Looks like a pile of junk, right? Wrong...those are all old clothes from the 170o and early 1800's. Nancy gifted me 2 bags full. They are not museum quality so they were not wanted. You guessed it, I wanted them!! I am looking forward to creating with these wonderful pieces of history. I am going to hand a few pieces in my home, the rest will be used. I am hoping to get Lori over to the house so that she may teach me how to make some women's pockets and maybe some children's pockets as well....did you hear that Lori?? I did learn that women back then were small, I mean SMALL. They don't even look like a size 0 they are so tiny. Skinny little arms and teeny tiny waist. I know that I am not fitting into them!! No way no how.
Oh well, Lee and I had a wonderful day reliving history and actually being
able to touch it, I can't wait to go and visit again..hint hint Nancy!! We truly had a good time and thank you for your hospitality.
Talk to you all later.
Blessings to all,
Robin

3 comments:

  1. Robin,
    Can't wait to see what you create with your pile of treasures. you and Lori are so blessed to be so close. My local friends are just not into prims.
    hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam- I feel very blessed to have Lori as a friend, she is as good and kind as they come!! And I am thankful we both have a kindred spirit when it comes to things of olde. Shopping is a lot of fun!! Have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful day!!..And I'm like you just touching something is like touching the years and history..I can't wait to see what treasures you come up with!!!..Have a good day!!~~hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete