Monday, September 13, 2010

Makin' Soap Today

Here is the first batch of soap made this morning. The loaf is the famous pumpkin soap...my house smells sooo good!!! You can actually smell it on the front porch. The bars are Olde Tyme Fresh Apple. I will be cutting the pumpkin soap here shortly, just making sure it is set firmly. Hopefully this batch will make it to the show this weekend. I am so looking forward to this weekends show....The Gathering at Notforgotten Farm...
aka Lori's home place. The shop looks great, I don't think we can fit anything else in it.
Although you know what they say...there is always room for one more!(thing)
I am working on candles, wax stuff, fall potpourri, dried bowl fillers and much much more. Hopefully by "show time" the paint will be dry!!! I still may be stuffing though.


The weather here is cooler and with Justin coming for dinner I have made Beef Stroganoff, fresh tomato mozzarella salad and some steamed veggies and hot rolls. Sounds good...I am hungry and Lee says he is starving. I know I have enough since I tripled the stroganoff. Just like my German great-grandma used to make. For dessert we have a chocolate pound cake drizzled with chocolate cream frosting and french vanilla ice cream. So, did I make you hungry too?
Well, I better go. Not real sure what time Justin will be here and I need to finish our dinner and set the table. Have a wonderful evening and I will talk to you tomorrow.
Blessings,
Robin

3 comments:

  1. Robin, between your soap making and that yummy sounding dinner, I'm sure your house smells wonderful. I love the look of that fresh apple soap - very prim.

    Autumn Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG beef stroganoff is my ABSOLUTE favorite! My mom makes if for me for my birthday (in October) every year! I can almost smell the soap through the computer! I wish I could go to you show this weekend. SUE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, what time did you say dinner is???
    I like your soap with the crows on them...
    Good luck with your show.

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete